Motorcycle Trips Equal Big Fun South Africa is filled with wonderful things to do and places to see but some are more easily accessible than others. The type of transport you choose will depend on where you want to travel. For certain trips a car is the best option, however, if you are in a mountainous area then you might want to consider a motorcycle.
Motorcycle trips are extremely enjoyable and contrary to popular belief motorcycles are safe if used responsibly. When touring with a motorcycle you will most likely have professionals that will accompany you on your trip. If you feel you are an experienced motorcycle rider and would like to tour alone you can consider a motorcycle rental. This is a good idea for people who come from the city and do not own a motorcycle or did not have the means to bring one along.
Some motorcycle Touring tips to get the most out of your experience:
1. When you are on a motorcycle tour it is important to learn all the hand signals.
2. Before the group leaves, it is important all motorcycles have been professionally serviced.
3. During the trip motorcycle groups ride in a single file formation to decrease the chance of accidents.
4. Allow room for the motorcycles to pass you because there might be more experienced riders than you.
5. Always ride at a comfortable pace and adhere to the speed limit.
6. Have a plan if members of the motorcycle tour group are separated. There should be some sort of tracking device on all motorcycles or set meeting points daily in case members of the motorcycle tour group are separated.
7. It is important to listen to the tour guide.
8. When you need to stop or slow down alert motorcyclists behind you and help them prepare to slow or stop by using the brake light earlier than normal.
9. Keep an eye on the fuel. Motorcycles will usually have full tanks on departure, however, it is important to double check fuel during the journey.
The most important thing to remember when motorcycle touring is to enjoy yourself. Motorcycles guarantee you an awesome experience if you ride responsibly.